March 20 writing prompt

Submission 1

“Great Holy Zorkins, what the Rmock? Groong, get in here right now!” The bulbous green head snaked on it's long skinny neck down next to what I guess was a communicator on its lapel, and it lowered its voice to an insistent, panicked hiss, “It's here. It's actually here on the ship!”

My eyes rocketed around the room, calmly assessing threats in the situationally appropriate manner of a laser pointer directed by an epileptic seizure. I strategically activated my teleportation powers by accident, crashing into a wall and some kind of bizarre Escher sculpture that my shins realized was a chair.

“Okay just calm down. CALM THE BRIZZIK DOWN. We're all calm here! See?” The snakey space fiend in front of me curled its tentacles in a slow wave, with a noticeable jittery shakiness in it. It slithered a tentative inch forward.

Maybe diplomacy would work. “Get away from me! Not one inch closer or by Jove I'll rip those tentacles off and play jump rope!” I glanced out the window at the earth, thinking to run. Then had a queasy, aching vision of only making it part way back, or missing slightly and ending up spinning in the void, hapless, cold and irradiated and I tightly squeezed back the part of me that activated the teleporting.

“So here's the thing... we uh... we implanted that Triptyc device in you when you were in University.” Its eyes wide, it lowered its tentacles, and I could feel my stomach untwist a bit. “Remember that time at the frat house? Yeah things didn't need to be so awkward with Jim, it wasn't his fault. Groong, shut up, I'm calming it down.” It suddenly hissed at its communicator again, and I jumped, now on the other side of the room knocking over some kind of planter.

“We've been having a grand old time watching you try and figure it out. Great prank, the videos went viral, just like that one with the monkey and the machine gun? Here's the thing though, you don't have any training with it and...”

Suddenly a huge, hairy, fanged monstrosity appeared in the door frame. Its eyes glowed red with a manic fervor, and I could see what was probably venomous mucus dribbling off its incisors and down the sides of its maw. I screamed a valiant, high-pitched warning. Then it screamed. It suddenly glanced off to one side behind me, and I quickly followed its gaze. We both teleported.
Then our individual teleportation fields intersected, interfering with each other. This set off what I did not later find out was called a discorporation cascade effect.

I did, however, as the ship erupted into a giant flash of co-annihilating particles, realize the importance of a right proper user's manual.



Comments

  1. I like how it ended too. Everyone died but reading the directions first is good advice. Haha!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Submission 2

submission 3